Accomplishments & Recognition
- As of July 2019, 802 men and women have defended theses and graduated from the College. More than 150 people have completed all the necessary coursework required for graduation, but have not yet completed the thesis work.
- Approximately 54% of UAC-CP graduates are women — a phenomenal achievement, considering the high school graduation rate for women in rural Bolivia is staggeringly low.
- More than 15% of UAC-CP graduates report that they are working on or have finished post-graduate studies. To date, seven graduates have earned doctoral degrees, four of them are women.
- In May 2011, the Education and Health Committee of the Legislative Assembly of Bolivia recognized the UAC model as a “Meritorious Institution of the State” for its work in higher education and development.
- The UAC-CP was recognized in 2007 by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for its leadership and effectiveness in introducing higher education to the Yungas region of Bolivia.
- United Nations Subcommittee for the Eradication of Poverty designated the UAC-CP as one of the seven most effective initiatives worldwide. The panel sought to honor programs that are innovative, sustainable, and replicable.
© 2020 Carmen Pampa Fund. All rights reserved. | P.O. Box 131145 St. Paul, MN 55113 | Phone: (651) 641-1588 | firstname.lastname@example.org